1. Leakage at rim joist, mud sill and sole plates
2. Cold rooms over garages caused by:
a. Air flow through floor insulation
b.Unsheathed knees walls (wind washing)
c.Long duct runs through unconditioned space
d. Duct work in outside walls and sloped ceiling
e. Access panels leading to unconditioned space behind knee wall
3. Air leakage through brick cantilevers & cantilevered floors
4. Improper fire stopping and insulation of fireplace chases
5. Incomplete air barrier behind shower/tub surrounds and whirlpools
6.Interior sofits tied to attics
7. Heated floors connected to cold attics
8. Lack of fire blocking at changes in ceiling height
9. Leakage at can lights
10. Air leakage and water intrusion at windows.
11. Poorly sealed flu chases and plumbing chases.
12. Penetration in ceiling (disappearing stairwells and whole hose
13. Duct work and furnaces in attic
14. Main trunk lines located near ridge with long supply drops.
15. Hi-lo make-up air in furnace rooms
16. Use of humidifier in structures that already have excessive
17. Lack of provisions for mechanical ventilation systems
18. Use of vapor retarders designed to keep moisture out that
actually prevent drying.